Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Fabricated at the Vector ..

After my recent visit to the Vector Custom Fabricating Inc...
I realized I've already seen many sculptures that were fabricated at the shop..


 
Transitions - by Barbara Cooper
at CTA Station: Paulina [Brown Line]
For more, click here..



 
Sextant Yoke - by Mike Baur
at the Nathan Manilow Sculpture Park




 
Wind - by Neil Goodman
This photograph is taken at the Temporary Exhibit at
the Nathan Manilow Sculpture Park..  click here..





 
Ballast - by Neil Goomdan
This photograph is taken at the Temporary Exhibit at
the Nathan Manilow Sculpture Park.. click here..







 

Geography Earth - by Neil Goodman
 
 


 
Symbiotic Parralax - by Terrence Karpowicz
University of Illinois, at Chicago [UIC]
Commissioned by the Art-in-Architecture Program
of the Illinois Capital Development Board..
For more,  click here..



 
 
Concurrence - by Terrence Karpowicz
Paul V. Galvin Library at the Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago.
This was selected from a Navy Pier exhibition, "Pier Walk",
in 1999 by a group of IIT professors, administrators and students.
For more,  click here..






Dinosaur in the Car - by Erik Lowe..
Here's more of small-scale sculptural display by Various Artists of Vector Fabricating,
 
 


 
 
Spiral -  by Clement Meadmore

When I was at Nathan Manilow Sculpture Park, this August, 2010, I saw
this piece "Spiral" by Clement Meadmore, placed at the back of a truck. I knew it was being taken for refurbishing, but where, I didnt know. Than I saw it at the Vector foundry.. Although refurbished at the Vector foundry, I don't think it was fabricated here..



No comments: